(re)Learning how to Tie our Shoes

We didn't have internet back when I was learning how to tie my shoelaces; and I only knew one way.
Some months back I learned a better way to tie my shoes, when Terry Moore shared with TED talks (video below) a 'strong form of the knot'. It's a small variation of the traditional method I was taught; he pulls the string around the loop the opposite way from what I originally learned.

Tying them this way he says is much better as they're less likely to untie. And I've noticed I haven't had to re-tie my shoe in a while now.

Today I came across this article on Health.net 'Lace Them Up: How to Stop pain With Shoelaces', teaching me three new ways to tie my shoes if I ever experience foot pains or loose heels.
Or if the shoes are too tight, I can use two laces per shoe like in the picture to the left.

Thanks to the internet, our kids can now grow up knowing several ways to tie their shoelaces

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to screen capture/ record from PS3 or Xbox 360

How to record Footage from PS3 or Xbox - NEW

39 of the Best Apps For Getting Things Done